Blake Newport has considerable procurement expertise developed and fine-tuned over 30 years of trading as commercial experts which is coupled with a wealth of experience on most forms of contract, be they PFI, PPP, Outsourcing, Target Cost or Design and Build.
We know that each deal is different and that there are a number of factors that would need to be analysed, reviewed and discussed with our clients in order to determine the optimum procurement vehicle for the project at hand. Key issues that would need to be addressed include:
- Establishing and interrogating our client’s priorities and approach towards quality, price, time, safety and ultimately risk
- Do any TUPE issues exist?
- The need (should one exist) for a degree of parity with the existing commercial models and contract agreements currently in use with other suppliers
- The number of strategic partners required for the service provision
- The level of granularity that our client wishes to contract at for the services it wishes to buy. In certain circumstances Output-Based contracts can be very effective and allow suppliers to leverage their existing services and technologies which can lead to vast time and cost savings, however, there is a degree of less certainty with this approach.
Regardless of the roadmap ultimately selected the following commercial activity would be required: